Friday, September 26, 2014

Stand With Moby To #SaveOurBees #HollywoodFoodVoices

Center For Food Safety provided me with this promotional information and media to share with my readers. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else.

I remember when we lived in Ohio and my now 12 year old son Jaedan was just a wee little baby. My husband and I dropped off our son Delbin at a sitter on Friday July 19th, 2002 and went to a Moby concert on the grass at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (LC Pavilion). We put down a blanket to sit on and huddled close together under another blanket. We watched and listened to Moby belt it out on stage as it down-pored on us. Jaedan was content, warm and happy snuggled next to me as I nursed him. My husband and I walked away after the concert drenched, but very happy. We went out and bought his albums Play and 18. The concert is something I will never forget. The music was fantastic! The electronic ambient sounds and rain made it seem a bit dreamlike.

Hollywood Food Voices is a video series by Center For Food Safety (CFS) engaging the voices of informed celebrities with a passion for food and environmental health and justice. The CFS is a national non-profit public interest and environmental advocacy organization working to protect human health and the environment by curbing the use of harmful food production technologies and by promoting organic and other forms of sustainable agriculture. The goal of the Hollywood Food Voices series is to help bring greater awareness to the critical importance of the growing food movement. The first video in this series features musician and DJ Moby talking about the importance of bees and how we can help save them.


We all should be advocates for the honey bees! They are responsible for one out of every three bites of food we eat. Sadly, our bees are being wiped out by the indiscriminate use of bee-toxic pesticides called neonicotinoids.


Moby is passionate about pollinators. He has over 30,000 bees that dwell on his four-acre home atop the Hollywood Hills. He has planted a bee friendly garden there that is free from pesticides and contaminants that would otherwise harm them.



Watch the new video:

Please sign the petition and join Moby and CFS in taking action to save the bees.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER:  Center For Food Safety provided me with this promotional information and media to share with my readers. I chose on my own to post about this and share with my readers. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I didn't receive any compensation for posting about this.

No comments: