Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Showing My #DisneySide

I will receive free products to facilitate my party from Disney Parks and MomSelect. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this post.

While I was away on vacation in Nevada and Utah to see my sisters and watch my youngest sis get married I got a very special email. This email told me that out of thousands of applicants I had been picked to host a Disney Side @Home Celebration!


I can not wait to get my box of host and party goodies! They told me I would be getting party favors, decorations, games, activities, recipe ideas and special hostess gifts. I am so very excited!! I have made a Pinterest board to collect ideas for the occasion. I want to show you all my #DisneySide by giving you sneak peaks here and there of what I am possibly planning. Also, Spoonful.com also has some wonderful Disney Themed Party ideas that I may incorporate. This will be the first installment of posts on this blog about my Disney Side @Home Celebration.


I love Disney! My very first time at a Disney Park I was only 4, but I remember the excitement and thrill of going to Disney Land. My Grandma Cryer bought me some Minnie Mouse ears and I still have them tucked away in my memory box. My middle sister also won a trip to Disney Land, Hollywood and Universal Studios in Cali for the whole family for answering a question about a TV series we watched all the time on the Disney Channel called, Tale Spin. I was about 9 years old and I remember bringing my pink and white polka dotted jumper to wear to the park because it reminded me of Minnie Mouse. As a teen I remember my favorite part of the mall where I lived in Utah was the Disney Store. It just seemed magical every time I stepped in to it.

My boys in their Mickey Mouse outfits and Tatiana at Downtown Disney in Orlando Florida
Many of you don't know, but we used to live in Orlando Florida when my boys were little and Tatiana was still with us. My boys and my daughter Tatiana had some great Disney experiences while we lived in Florida. We loved the Disney Parks, especially the water parks, and made frequent visits to Downtown Disney as well.

Tatiana and I with Minnie Mouse at a CITE Christmas Party in Orlando Florida
Mickey and Minnie Mouse frequently showed up at parties that we were invited to. We had so much fin eating cake and getting little Mickey Mouse stuffed toys from Santa at this Christmas party we went to at the Lighthouse of Central Florida/CITE for the blind. I am holding Tatiana and if you look closely you can see my curly headed boys eating their cake in the background :)

Tatiana with her favorite rattle toy: Minnie Mouse
My daughter Tatiana who was blind loved a particular Minnie Mouse rattle that one of her therapists gave her. It was her absolute favorite toy because she loved to mouth it and manipulate the rattling flowers, butterflies, and hearts that spun around on it.

You can also celebrate by Showing your Disney Side! You can share and upload photos or videos of your #DisneySide with everyone and see what others have shared on DisneySide.com. You can also plan your trip to Walt Disney World or Disney Land and take a fun quiz to reveal your #DisneySide.

We can't wait for the our party pack to get here. In the meantime, we will be getting all kinds of awesome ideas together and planning for the celebration. Stay tuned for more posts.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: This post is in conjunction with Disney Parks and MomSelect. I will receive a party pack complimentary to throw a #DisneySide @Home Celebration to promote Disney's new campaign "Show Your #DisneySide". My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I was not asked to do this post nor did I receive any other compensation for this post. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else.

No comments: