Monday, October 29, 2012

Taylor Swift Red CD Review

I love Taylor Swift. She is a great role model for girls. She has a very sweet modest style which I think is rare in an artist of her stature. I admire this very much in her and I hope she never looses her innocence like so many other artists have before her.

Red is her fourth studio album. It was released on October 22, 2012 through Big Machine Records. The album features collaborations with new producers and guest artists such as Gary Lightbody and Ed Sheeran, and sees Swift experimenting with new musical genres. The Red Tour is scheduled to begin in March 2013. The insert to the album has all the words so you can sing along if you want to and each song has a different picture of Taylor.

State of Grace, Treacherous and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together are my favorites on the album. The songs Red, 22 and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together are very pop, they remind me a little of Avril Lavigne. I love Avril too, so they work well for me. The Last Time features Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol and has a wonderful orchestra in the background and is a gorgeous duet. Holy Ground is upbeat and fast at first then slows and gets upbeat and fast again...great to dance to. Sad Beautiful Tragic is slow and melancholy. The Lucky One is about fame and fortune and where it actually gets you...kinda sad, but true, I guess. Everything Has Changed features Ed Sheeran. Most the songs in Red are about relationships, good and bad. Red is the color of intense emotions at both ends of the spectrum:  love and anger.  The whole album is apparently about her experiences with love..."Swift" and crazy at times. It is definitely one of her most dynamic albums to date, but I believe she pulls it off well.

Red Music Video:


Track List:
1. State Of Grace
2. Red
3. Treacherous
4. I Knew You Were Trouble
5. All Too Well
6. 22
7. I Almost Do
8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
9. Stay Stay Stay
10. The Last Time
11. Holy Ground
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic
13. The Lucky One
14. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)
15. Starlight
16. Begin Again

 BUY IT
You can purchase Taylor Swift Red on Amazon.com for $13.99.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free and reviewed this album because I wanted to. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: