Sunday, October 14, 2012

Disney Secret of the Wings Advance Screening Review


I was recently invited to go to an advance screening of the Disney Fairies movie called Secret of the Wings on October 13th in Portland, Oregon at the Regal Bridgeport . I could take 3 guests so my husband and my two daughters went with me. I really hadn't heard much about this new Tinker Bell movie because I kind of live a sheltered life with no TV, but I knew that my daughters would enjoy it a whole lot because they have seen Disney's Peter Pan and love that movie.

This was also sort of an early birthday present for my youngest. Zari will be 2 on October 19th. I dressed my daughters up in fairy wings for the event :) They wanted to pose for some pictures before we left for the theater and then we were off in our van.

We got to the theater and Radio Disney was out front having some contests and fun activities for the kids. We received a free Secret of the Wings movie poster and some other things from Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport, KidFest, Finding Nemo 3D, Cinderella, etc. from them before the movie. It was great to see everyone having fun dancing and participating.

The movie was so adorable and had a great moral. Teela and Zari were loving every moment of it. My husband is an animation buff and said they did a very good job on the computer generated animation. I agreed. We all thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and I was so into it that the last part made me cry a little. I also loved the music and am thinking about purchasing the soundtrack now. We thought the fairy worlds were spectacularly done with gorgeous animation. We were very impressed. I also loved the shorts Disney put on YouTube before the movie. So cute and funny!

Here is the synopsis from the Disney Fairies website:
Journey with Tinker Bell and her fairy friends into the forbidden world of the Mysterious Winter Woods, where curiosity and adventure leads Tink to an amazing discovery and reveals a magical secret that could change her world forever. Flitterrific Fairies DVD/Blu-Ray Double Pack available Oct. 23rd.

Here is the Teaser Trailer to the movie:

Here is the Trailer to the movie (Spoiler Alert!!):


You can do all sorts of fun activities from the Disney Fairies website too. Also at your local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store you can join for their FREE Make It-Take-It from 11am-noon this Saturday, Oct. 20 to Create a Tinker Bell & Periwinkle fairy craft!
  
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I became aware of this event by email and was able to go for free with 3 guests in exchange for this post. Thanks to Disney and others involved for the free theater tickets. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this post.

2 comments:

Jubilee Reviews said...

My daughter will flip when she sees that this is coming out!! Thanks for sharing all the fun you had!

Erin said...

Looked like so much fun! And your little girls are so cute as fairies! :)