Friday, June 15, 2012

Edens Edge CD Review

Edens Edge is an American country music band composed of Hannah Blaylock (lead vocals), Dean Berner (vocals, guitar, Dobro) and Cherrill Green (vocals, mandolin, banjo, guitar) from Arkansas. The band is signed to Big Machine Records and Edens Edge, their self titled album, is their first studio album.

This is a gorgeous debut album that was released on June 12, 2012. This trio is perfect together. Hannah has such a strong, beautiful twangy voice. The guitars, banjo, Dobro and mandolin in each piece manifest so much. Dean and Cherrill bring superb harmony to Hannah's voice.

Track Listing and my thoughts:
  1. Amen: Twangy and fun. This song is about her guy friend finally getting his head out of the clouds and coming down to Earth about a girl he finally saw what she really was and let her go. "Someone give me an Amen."
  2. Swingin' Door: Fun and upbeat. About how she isn't gonna let this guy take her even with his sweet talkin'. "I ain't your swingin' door."
  3. Skinny Dippin': This song makes me giggle. Such a seductive song about a sweet cool temptation on a hot day. "Close your eyes, uh uh no peakin'."
  4. Too Good to Be True: About a boy that is just that...Too good to be true. "Like money fallin' out of the blue."
  5. Last Supper: Sad song about about the realization of a possible break up of the relationship. "Is this our last supper?"
  6. Feels So Real: Sad song about
  7. Who Am I Drinking Tonight: Even though I don't drink alcohol and don't condone this. I think that this is a trend in country music to sing about alcoholic drinks.
  8. Liar: Sad song about letting her love go to someone else because she never told her feelings to him. "I'm a liar."
  9. Cherry Pie: A song about reminiscing and being thankful for the people and animals that helped influence her life and become who she is now. Great vocals and instrumentals and an fantastic instrumental end. "I hope you understand, you have so much to do with who I am."
  10. Christ Alone: Beautiful Christian song with the gorgeous trio singing A Capella. "By Christ Alone will I be found worthy of that golden crown."

BUY IT
You can purchase Edens Edge on Amazon.com for $6.99.
 
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free and I reviewed it on my blog because I wanted to. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: