Saturday, October 23, 2010

MyGetTogether Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives Event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I have chose to host a Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives MyGetTogether from the General Mills Pssst... Network. From now until December 31st, you can help the cause by purchasing Yoplait Yogurt and sending in your lids. For every pink lid you send by December 31, 2010 Yoplait will donate 10 cents to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Click here for instructions on where and how to mail your lids. You also can Fan/Like them on Facebook and they will donate an additional $1.00 for every virtual lid you send to your friends on Facebook. You can also go to the Starter Kit section on the Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives website to download some cool tools to use in your fight for the cause. There is even an iron on so you can make your own t-shirt to show your support!

Here’s what I received in MyGetTogether Kit:
- Materials for guests including pass-along talksheets and coupons
- A copy of Promise Me, a book authored by Nancy G. Brinker, the founder and CEO of Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- A breast health shower hanger and resources to gather additional breast health materials
- $15 cash card to purchase Yoplait product to serve during the get-together

My dad's sister died of breast cancer and I wished there was a cure then. She was unfortunately not one of the survivors you sometimes hear about. I was younger and wasn't aware of how I could help the cause back then. Now I know and am trying to help out as much as I can to spread the word and raise awareness of this awful disease.

You can get a coupon for 50¢ for cups of Yoplait yogurt.

I had fun with my party. Everyone had some yummy Yoplait yogurt with pink lidded tops and my friends went away with a better understanding of how they can support the cause too and maintain breast health and self-awareness. We also read a chapter of the Promise Me book by Nancy G. Brinker and it was so inspiring! I recommend it for reading!

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to Pssst...Network from General Mills, Inc. for letting me host the Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives Get-Together, for giving me information about the products, and for providing me with a free kit to host. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: