Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Laws of Illusion by Sarah McLachlan Review

The Grammy award winning, multi-platinum singer/songwriter, Sarah McLachlan, is one of my favorite music artists. I have been a fan of hers since I was in high school. I was sad when she decided to stop her touring and singing for a time, but I fully understood why she did it. She wanted to be with her kids, India Ann Sushil who is 8 and Taja Summer who is 3, and now she is back! I was thrilled when I saw that One2One Network was doing a campaign to promote her first studio album in 7 years!! I signed up right away and am so happy to be a part of this. Her newest album, Laws of Illusion, comes out today, June 15th, in stores just weeks before the kick off to Lilith Fair 2010, the historic all women touring festival, founded by McLachlan!! One2One sent me a 4 song sampler from the CD before I actually received the album. I had a pre-listening party with some of my friends that also enjoy her work. It was great! I love Sarah's voice! I can listen to her over and over again. I love all her albums and all her songs. It is so hard for me to pick a favorite because I love them all! Every one of Sarah McLachlan’s studio and live albums has been certified gold, platinum, or multi-platinum by the RIAA, Recording Industry Association of America, she is that good!

Sarah's marriage of 11 years to her band’s drummer, Ashwin Sood, was dissolved in 2008. This album which is her first since that time was formed by emotions she had and still has about that whole experience. Laws of Illusion talks about the pain of breaking up and the whole ball of wax that goes with it. The words are depressing, but very poetic. All of the songs except one on the album are written by Sarah and some with her producer, Pierre Marchand. Her feelings flow through the songs. Besides Sarah's great voice I love the background piano, keyboard, drums/percussion, guitar, and sometimes bass that make up her great band! I love the addition of the trumpet and horn in "Out of Tune" and the cello in the piano version of "Love Come". It was definitely worth the wait!!

Check out Sarah's listening party on her Facebook page starting June 7th at 10am, so become a fan on Facebook to be the first to hear her awesome new album. You can also follow her on Twitter and see her perform on Jay Leno. You can download a free Laws of Illusion booklet HERE.

TRACKLISTING:
01. Awakenings
02. Illusions Of Bliss
03. Loving You Is Easy
04. Changes
05. Forgiveness
06. Rivers Of Love
07. Love Come
08. Out Of Tune
09. Heartbreak
10. Don’t Give Up On Us
11. U Want Me 2
12. Bring On The Wonder
13. Love Come (Piano Version)

Watch the Official Music Video for Loving You Is Easy...


Besides Sarah MacLachlan the Lilith Fair is also making a comeback and I am going to try and go!! In years past, Lilith Fair has raised more than $10 million for women’s charities. This summer I can't wait when Sarah Mclachlan and other female artists join to perform on stage here in Portland, Oregon on July 2nd!! It has been more than 10 years since Lilith Fair's last performance and this is going to be one big awesome revival! I moved my OBGYN appointment to the 5th of July because it was supposed to be on the same day as the Lilith Fair and I plan on going!! Follow the Lilith Fair on Twitter. Fan/Like them on Facebook.

Laws of Illusion is only $9.99 on Amazon or you can get the Deluxe CD/DVD version which has music videos on it too for only $12.99 on Amazon. The fan pack via the Sarah McLachlan store is $39.99 in which you get an exclusive tote bag designed by Sarah McLachlan, Laws Of Illusion on vinyl, Laws Of Illusion Deluxe CD/DVD, 2 exclusive 12"x12" Lithographs, instant download of "Forgiveness (Acoustic)"(exclusive MP3 you can only get with a Laws Of Illusion order from Sarah's official music store), and instant download of "Heartbreak".

DISCLAIMER: Thanks to One2One Network for sending me a free CD to listen to and review and the information to share with my readers. My post is also eligible for a gift card via random drawing by One2One Network. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: