Thursday, June 17, 2010

Heroes For My Son by Brad Meltzer Review

Heroes For My Son is a book that Brad Meltzer wrote about people throughout history he wanted his son to know about and look up to. After the introduction it starts with a page that has a title, black and white picture, and picture caption. Then each following page has a description of his thoughts about each person and sometimes a quote from them. It has this format for each person he picked for the book. This book is simple yet elegantly put together and even though the descriptions about each person is short it holds great importance. Each person in the book is of great importance to the author...each one ordinary people that were able to achieve the extraordinary. This book is laced with inspiring stories and scenes. In total there are 52 amazing men and women for his son to read about and now that it is available to the public it is a book that parents can read to their young children so that the legacy of these people never die. These people inspire the hero in all of us. We can also achieve great things if we put our minds to it. In the back of the book there is a spot to insert your own hero's picture and story. I highly recommend this book. It would be an excellent Father's Day present!

Fan/Like Heroes For My Son on Facebook.

DISCLAIMER: Thanks to Harpercollins for sending me a free book to read and review and the information to share with my readers. If I am one of the first 100 sites to post a review my post is also eligible for a signed hardcover copy of Heroes For My Son. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: