Tuesday, June 8, 2010

CoverGirl Blast Review

Because I am a member of BzzAgent I received word of a BzzCampaign for CoverGirl SmokyShadowBlast and the CoverGirl ShineBlast Lipgloss. I had never tried these products so I applied and received color number 810 Purple Plume for the eyeshadow and 805 Radiate for the lipgloss for free in the mail.

The smokyshadowblast from CoverGirl has a 2 step double tipped applicator for your eyes and it has the consistency more of a lipstick. You apply step 1 (the lighter shade) which is a rounded tip all over your lid from your lash line to your brow bone. Then apply step 2 (the darker shade) which is a tapered tip on your lash line and in the crease of your upper lid.

The lighter color is a mauve pink. The darker color is more of a plum. I thought that the color I chose is very pretty, but did not have the effect of the smoky eye look that I thought it should. It is more subtle. I still guess I could be missing something key because CoverGirl thought that the look would be simple and every female could achieve it with the smokyshadowblast product. I also want to point out that a lot of people who have used this product say that it breaks easily. Don't turn the tip up too much or it will break with the pressure you might need to apply enough of this eyeshadow to create the wanted effect. There are 6 total expertly paired shades in the smokyshadowblast collection. Maybe you'll have more luck with a different shade?

OK, on to the shineblast lipgloss...On the CoverGirl website they show radiate as being a silvery color. I don't know why they got it wrong because it is more of a pink with lilac undertones and a shimmer to it. I love that it gives my lips just a splash of color and extra shine that doesn't get too bold. I usually create my style out of a more natural look so this gloss suits me well. The applicator caught my eye as I placed the color on my lips. It is CoverGirl's new "Breakthrough ShineSculpt applicator" which has a tapered tip for more precise shaping. It helped me apply it smoothly across the contours of my lips. I liked the fruity scent it has and even though it does need to be reapplied a fair amount it goes well over my CoverGirl outlast lipstain that I have and then seems to last longer. Available in 16 different colors.

DISCLAIMER: Because I am a member of BzzAgent I received word of a BzzCampaign for the CoverGirl SmokyShadowBlast and the CoverGirl ShineBlast Lipgloss. All information about the products I received from the media kit, the products and the CoverGirl website. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: