Friday, March 19, 2010

Foodie Friday Far East White Bean Stir Fry



I love cooking in cast iron. It is one of my favorite type of cookware. Unlike what some may believe about cooking with it, it is easy to cook with and food doesn't stick to it if you have it seasoned correctly. My cast iron skillet (I own many sizes) is my trusty companion in the kitchen. I love to make stir fries in them and my son, Jaedan, is quite the little helper in the kitchen and loves to help when ever there is a dish to be made. He is going to be an exceptional cook when he is older and is meanwhile learning all he can from me and his father. Jaedan has come up with this recipe all on his own with a little help from me with spices. It turned out to be very delicious and definitely one I thought I needed to share here.

Far East White Bean Stir Fry

Ingredients:
1 quarter of a large head of cauliflower, washed and chopped
1/2 of a head of cabbage, washed and chopped
2 tomatoes, washed and chopped
1 can of white beans, drained
2 spoonfuls of garlic, minced
to taste: curry, seasoned pepper, garlic powder, McCormick® Far East Sesame Ginger Blend, oregano
a handful of cilantro

Directions:
1. Add a little vegetable oil or butter to coat the bottom of the pan if needed.
2. Stir fry all of the first two ingredients stirred together until all are "al dente" (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Add tomatoes, beans and spices and stir together coating all of the ingredients. 4. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Turn off stove top and add the cilantro.

I am participating in Foodie Friday and contributing to this weeks Foodie Friday.

No comments: