Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sprout and Laurie Berkner Partners with the Pajama Program

The Pajama Program is a fantastic non profit organization that provides new, warm pajamas and new books to children in need in the United States and around the world. Both Sprout and the Laurie Berkner Band, two things I love for my kids, have now partnered with the Pajama Program. I want to tell you about this wonderful program in hopes you will find a way you can help out too.

Sprout is participating by having The Great Sprout Tuck-In in which they are extending their "good night mission" with The Good Night Show and also encouraging families to give. I love The Goodnight Show because it helps my little ones wind down before bedtime. Sprout will collect donations to give to the Pajama Program and then they will be distributed to children in need. If you would like to donate you can go HERE. This is an awesome way to teach your little one about giving.

The Laurie Berkner Band is a great music for children band with lead singer Laurie Berkner (hence the name). Their songs are wonderful and upbeat and my children love them! They are one of my favorite kindie (Kids Indie) rock bands. They have written a new song called "Open Your Heart" for the Pajama Program's Valentine's campaign with the same name. You can download the song for free Here...just click the pink heart. They also had concerts where you could bring Pajama Program donations and wear your pajamas at. You can participate in the fun of the new song by sending a video of you, your kids or both dancing to it in your pajamas!! You can email your video to openyourheart@pajamaprogram.org. Please have them sent by 2-22-2010!

DISCLAIMER: I am a part of the Sprout Band of Bloggers and I learned about the program through them. I just blogged about it not because I was asked to, but because I think it's a great cause! The Laurie Berkner Band is not affiliated with Sprout, but I love their music and get their newsletter so, I decided to blog about them too since they are both partnering with the same program.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I adore Laurie Berkner! What a great program!