Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Favorites of Fall

This autumn has been great so far and I would love to share with you some pictures of past falls that I have enjoyed and tell you some of my favorite things of the season. Autumn is one of my favorite seasons for many reasons. Here are some of them.

I love when the leaves on the trees change their many colors.




I love going to the many fairs, festivals, harvest parties, farmers' markets, orchards, and pumpkin patches. Having hay rides and going through corn/hay mazes.



I love the flavors of fall: mulled hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks, spiced chai, sparkling cider, toasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, turkey, sausage stuffing, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, yams, mashed rutabaga/potatoes, Thanksgiving feast, etc.



I love the scents of fall: autumn scented candles, my neighbor's scentsy, apples, caramel apples, mulling spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves allspice, star anise, pumpkin pie spice, clove orange/fruit pomanders, cinnamon pine cones, chai mulch, grape vines loaded with grapes, wood stoves, etc.



I love fall fashions. Especially sweaters, shawls, scarves, dupatta (long scarf), and ponchos (esp. ones with fringe, metallic threads, eyelash yarn, etc.), capes, caplets (esp. hooded ones).


What do you love about autumn? What are your favorites? Do you have a favorite recipe? Please share with me! Thanks!

No comments: