Monday, August 11, 2008

Clothing Styles

My fashion style has always been pretty casual. I love wearing jeans and a t-shirt because it is comfortable to me. But sometimes I want to dress up a bit. I like styles that are modest and tasteful better than those that are not and I feel more comfortable in them too.

Jewelry I love: chokers, brooches, chandelier earrings, bangle bracelets (I have always wanted to collect them), and memory wire wrap bracelets (I love to make these in my spare time). When I was young I loved friendship bracelets...still do actually. They are so colorful!

If I am not wearing jeans or capri pants usually I have on a long flowing skirt. I really dislike the skirts with slits that will always show your slip or ones that are too tight they don't let you walk in them. I love long skirts that go down to my ankles. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned. My favorites are the sarong (Indonesia)/pareo (Tahiti)/kikepa (Hawaii)/lavalava (Samoa)/sulu (Fiji)/beach wrap...long skirts, gauze/crinkle/broomstick/gypsy/peasant long skirts.

I also love shawls, scarves, dupatta (long scarf), and ponchos (esp. ones with fringe, metallic threads, eyelash yarn, etc.), capes, caplets (esp. hooded ones). I love outfits from India (kirtis, saris, choli, salwar (pants), kameez (shirt). I love smocked tops with empire waists.

Other things I love, but haven't tried out are bindis and henna/mehndi fake tattoo body art.

COLOR, FABRICS, PATTERNS, AND JEWELS...
glitter
opalescent or iridescent or holographic or dichroic
batik
tye dye
opals, blue goldstone, blue moonstone, blue/black pearls, shell, tanzanite, iolite, etc
tapestries
paisley
beaded
embroidery - beaded
pashmina - finest wool
cashmere
Angora wool - Angora bunny fur spun with wool fibers
velvet (crushed, patchwork, w/lace, beaded, embellished, tie dyed)

No comments: